Monday, May 5, 2008

A few more weeks left...

This week for class I continued to research women in literature and the media. There are a lot of interesting sources about the portrayal of women. For the research paper, I have begun to formulate my ideas coherently in bullet type statements, which will later be incorporated into my opening and body paragraphs. I want to have a rough draft finished by the weekend. I hope to finish the paper early next week. Also, I continued to read my book – I am half way done – it is very interesting; the character of Daisy Miller seems to be a typical, flirtatious, young woman. I hope to finish this portion of the book by the weekend and begin Washington Square by Henry James. This is a similar story but at the same time it has a much different twist.

1 comment:

J Saxon said...

I am expecting great things :) What are your goals for class time? Will you work on the intro today? Body tomorrow? Try to have a specific focus for the days in here to make your work go smoothly.